segunda-feira, 29 de junho de 2009

Curiosities


I was looking for an interesting subject to write this week, so I found curiosities about American women and men.
In the past, it was usually the woman of the family who did the housework. Now, because more women are working at outside jobs, the men started helping out more at home. Many American men believe that they do 50% of the work at home, and perhaps some of them actually do. However, the report shows that women, when they work full time, spend twice as much time as men doing housework and taking care of the kids.
About the free time, people have about 40 free hours each week. Americans think that is less free time than what they had twenty years ago, but they are mistaken because actually it is more. The report still shows that people are working fewer hours now and have more time to play just for fun.
Can you guess what they do with 1/3 of their 40 hours of free time each week??
If you guessed watching TV, you are right. Americans spend 15 hours of the week in front of the TV set. They spend the half of time getting together with their friend and only 4 hours reading or doing outside activities. In most American homes, the television is curreny turned on for many more hour a day, even while people are doing other things. Besides other reports say that children in the United States are exposed to more than 25,000 hours of television before they are 18 years old.
I thought it was interesting. Today women and men need to work, because it is very difficult to support all "despesas" with one salary. About housework it is very nice women and men do. I think we have to lose the mentality: men work and women do the housework and take care of child. we live in the 21st century and we want equality. About free time, I think they should give more attention for their families, because the time pass very fast, beside our live is very fragile.
what do you think?? would you like to live this way???
By Aline

6 comentários:

  1. Hi Aline!
    I really liked your text but I didn't understand your question.

    Kisses!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hi Ju!!!!!
    I write more.... If you read again, you will understand!!!!!!
    Thank you for read..........

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Hi Aline,
    Your text is very interesting. But, isn´t it courious we talk about men helping women when they do the housework too?
    Evelise

    ResponderExcluir
  4. HI, Aline! I think everybody needs to help in the activities. If you are married and you have work like your husband you will arrive at home very tired too. That's why, I think the couple should share the activities.
    Good text!!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Hii Aline! Very nice the topic you chose!
    I think that nowadays we can't have this diferentiation between man and woman! Both have to work and both have to do the housework!
    Currently, in my opinion, women can't depend of men to live! They need to have their own money and for this, of course, they have to work!
    Since both work, both are tired, so they have to divide the housework! Isn't right that the woman does all the housework, likewise, isn't right that the man does that!
    That's what I think!
    Kisses girl!!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Hi Aline this subject is very interesting I really think that men should help inthe housework even more if their wives work too. When I get married my husband will for sure help me.
    About the TV thing I think American people spd a lot f time in front of it because they don't have a free of charge TV they have o pay an amount of money each mont in order to watch anything so that's why I think tt they enjoy watching TV that much.

    ABx

    ResponderExcluir